Tecnu Original Outdoor Skin Cleanser removes poison ivy, oak and
sumac rash causing oil, urushiol, from your skin. Wash with it
after exposure to poison ivy, oak or sumac plants to remove the oil
before a rash starts, or after the rash has begun to keep the oil
from spreading to other parts of your body.
Poison ivy, oak and sumac rashes
are all caused by the same resinous oil produced by the plants
called urushiol (pronounced oo-roo-she-all). The rash is
caused by your body's allergic reaction to urushiol resulting in an
itchy, bumpy rash that can produce blisters filled with fluid. A
common misconception is that breaking the blisters will cause the
fluid to flow and therefore spread the rash. If your poison ivy,
oak or sumac rash is spreading, it is because the rash-causing oil
An important step to ending your poison plant rash misery is to
remove the urushiol oil from your skin. To remove poison ivy from
your skin, wash with Tecnu
Original Outdoor Skin Cleanser to unlock the bond of
the oil allowing your skin to begin its natural healing process.
Since everyone's immune system is different, a poison ivy, oak or
sumac rash may last anywhere from a few days to several weeks
depending on how long it takes your body to heal.