No, a very common misconception is that you should
use bleach on poison ivy rash. Using bleach for poison ivy may seem
to be a quick fix to removing the rash-causing oil, but you could
be doing more damage to your body. When you apply bleach directly
to the skin, it removes the top layer causing irritation. Bleach
may also weaken your skin so that your rash may become worse, lead
to increased skin sensitivity and possibly an infection.
Instead of harsh chemicals, use a cleanser designed to remove
the rash-causing oil of poison ivy, oak and sumac such as Tecnu
Original Outdoor Skin Cleanser or Tecnu Extreme Poison Ivy Scrub.
Follow up the cleanser with an anti-itch medication to relieve
symptoms such as Calagel Medicated Anti-itch Gel or homeopathic
Tecnu Rash Relief Spray.