How to find the year your Tecnu was manufactured:
Every product is marked with a batch code that begins with a
letter followed by 4 or 5 numbers.
Below is the list of letter codes and corresponding years:
- A - 2003
- B - 2004
- C - 2005
- D - 2006
- E - 2007
- F - 2008
- G - 2009
- H - 2010
- J - 2011
- K - 2012
- L - 2013
- M - 2014
- N - 2015
- P - 2016
- R - 2017
- T - 2018
So, for example, the batch code M2009 would have been made in
Where do I find the batch code?
- Tecnu Original Outdoor Skin Cleanser - batch code is printed
vertically on the label
- Tecnu Extreme Poison Ivy Scrub - batch code is embossed in the
crimp of the tube
- Tecnu Calagel Medicated Anti-itch Gel - batch code is printed
vertically on the label along with an expiration date
- Tecnu Rash Relief Spray - batch code is printed vertically on
- 10 Hour Insect Repellent - batch code is printed vertically on
How long can I use these products?
Calagel is the only product that has an expiration date. We do
not recommend using it past the expiration date.
For all other products, we recommend throwing them out if they
were manufactured more than three years ago. Tecnu Original will
also change color as it ages. If your Tecnu Original turns yellow
or brownish in color, throw it away and purchase new product.