No, a very common
misconception is that you should use bleach on poison ivy rash.
Using bleach for poison ivy may seem to be a quick fix to removing
the rash-causing oil, but you could be doing more damage to your
body. When you apply bleach directly to the skin, it removes the
top layer causing irritation. Bleach may also weaken your skin so
that your rash may become worse, lead to increased skin sensitivity
and possibly an infection.
Instead of harsh chemicals, use a cleanser designed to remove
the rash-causing oil of poison ivy, oak and sumac such as Tecnu
Original Outdoor Skin Cleanser or Tecnu Extreme Poison Ivy Scrub.
Follow up the cleanser with an anti-itch medication to relieve
symptoms such as Calagel Medicated Anti-itch Gel or homeopathic
Tecnu Rash Relief Spray.