I see that you should not use this product if allergic to sulfites. Is that the same as an allergic reaction to ingesting sulfates?


Calagel contains sodium metabisulfite which also can be found in some food products. Some people may have an allergic reaction which can include, but not limited to, hives, upset stomach, diarrhea, vomiting, trouble swallowing, flushing, dizziness, drop in blood pressure or trouble breathing. If you are known to be allergic to sulfites you should not use Calagel for any reason. Sulfites are not the same as sulfates, which are naturally occurring mineral salts containing sulfur. When in doubt, do not use, and consult a doctor.

As an alternative, you could try Tecnu Rash Relief Spray which has a homeopathic formula and does not contain sulfites.