Activ

e ingredient:10 Hour Repellent bottle

DEET(N, N-Diethyl-m-toluamide)

Warnings:

  • Keep out of reach of children.
  • Hazards to humans:
    • Causes substantial but temporary eye injury.
    • Harmful if swallowed.
    • Do not get in eyes.
    • Wash hands thoroughly with soap and water after handling and before eating, drinking, chewing gum, using tobacco or using the toilet.
    • Remove and wash contaminated clothing before reuse.

First aid:

If in eyes:

  1. Hold eye open and rinse slowly and gently with water for 15-20 minutes.
  2. Remove contact lenses, if present, after the first 5 minutes, then continue rinsing.
  3. Call a Poison Control Center or doctor for further treatment advice.

If swallowed:

  1. Call a Poison Control Center or doctor immediately for treatment advice.
  2. Have person sip a glass of water if able to swallow.
  3. Do not induce vomiting unless told to do so by a Poison Control Center or doctor.
  4. Do not give anything to an unconscious person.

Note to Physician: Probable mucosal damage may contraindicate the use of gastric lavage.

Have the product container or label with you when calling a Poison Control Center or doctor, or going for treatment.

For more information on this pesticide product (including health concerns, medical emergencies or pesticide ingredients) you may call 1-800-222-1222 or the National Pesticide Information Center at 1-800-858-7378.

Directions:

It is a violation of Federal Law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with it's labeling. Read and follow all directions and precautions on this product label.

  • Apply a few drops or light spray on skin. Do not spray in enclosed areas.
  • Avoid breathing a spray product and do not use it near food.
  • Do not use as a space spray.
  • Rub evenly over exposed area if needed.
  • For ticks and chiggers, also apply to shoe tops, socks and around openings in outer clothing.
  • NEVER use repellents over cuts, wounds, or irritated skin. Repellents should by applied only to exposed skin and/or clothing as directed on this product label.
  • Do not spray directly into face; spray on hands first and then apply to face.
  • Do not apply near eyes and mouth, and apply sparingly around ears.
  • Do not allow children to handle this product, and do not apply to children's hands.
  • Do not use under clothing.
  • Use just enough repellent to cover exposed skin and/or clothing. Heavy application and saturation is unnecessary for effectiveness.
  • If biting insects do not respond to a thin film of repellent, apply a bit more.
  • After returning indoors, wash treated skin with soap and water or bathe.
  • For extended exposure: allow at least one "repellent free" day for every 4-7 days of continued use. This is particularly important when repellents are used repeatedly in a day or on consecutive days.
  • Wash treated clothing before wearing it again.
  • Use of this product may cause skin irritations in rare cases. If you suspect a reaction to this product, discontinue use, wash treated skin and call your local Poison Control Center.
  • If you go to the doctor, take this product with you.
  • NOTE: will not damage cotton, wool or nylon. Do not apply on or near acetate, rayon, Spandex or other synthetic fabrics, nylon furniture, plastics (such as eyeglasses and watch crystals), leather and painted or varnished surfaces (including automobiles).

Storage and Disposal:

Do not contaminate water, food or feed by storage and disposal.

Pesticide storage:

Store this product in a cool, dry place that is inaccessible to children. Always store pesticides in original container. Store away from food and pet food.

Pesticide disposal and container handling:

Nonrefillable container. Do not reuse or refill this container.

If empty: Place in trash or offer for recycling if available.

If partly filled: Call your local solid waste agency or 1-800-CLEANUP for disposal instructions. Never place unused product down any indoor or outdoor drain.