Uh oh! You've got the rash. By "the rash" we mean poison oak, poison ivy, or poison sumac rash. Do you know what causes the rash? A nasty little resin called urushiol (oo-roo-she-all) found in all parts of these plants, even down to the roots! The good news? You can remove the urushiol before it has a chance to bond with your skin, which causes the rash. Or, even if you have already broken out, you can remove any remaining urushiol to help keep it from spreading to other areas of the body. To do so, you need a cleanser specifically designed to remove urushiol from the skin. After exposure to these poison plants, it's best to remove the resin as quickly as you can.

Tecnu Extreme® Medicated Poison Ivy Scrub removes urushiol and treats the itch from a poison ivy rash in just 15 seconds. To use Tecnu Extreme® in the shower: first wet the skin, then turn off the water. Next, squeeze a generous amount of product into your hand and apply all over, like you would with body wash or a bar of soap. Gently rub for 15 seconds, avoid breaking the skin. Be sure to focus on areas of skin that were the most exposed (not covered by long pants or sleeves). Finally, rinse with cool water and towel dry.

Now,

Live Life. Get Outdoors!™