And so is your skin….
The cold front is no longer on its way, it has
ARRIVED; and just because the weather is FRIGHTFUL, does not mean
your skin has to be. Leave the flaking and the crackling to
the snow and your fireplace (respectively). Bulky sweaters,
turtle necks, and long johns are no excuse to ignore your skin's
needs, are you with me? Wood, oil, gas, or electricity, it
doesn't matter how you heat your home during the chilly months,
once the heat begins, your skin starts to dry out. OK, if you
haven't picked up on it by the time you've reached this sentence we
care about your skin! So here are some helpful tips to follow this
- Moisturize, Moisturize, MOISTURIZE! (so important it had to be
written 3 times!).
- Continue to apply Sunscreen - not just a spring/summer product
- UV rays can damage your skin during ANY season.
- Help your hands! - The thin skin on your hands makes it more
difficult to retain moisture in harsh weather, so cover them up
with gloves when you go outside.
- AVOID - wet gloves and socks. Dampness can increase
irritation (dryness, cracking, even eczema).
- Think those obnoxious, fluffy, crazy colored socks your mom
wears are silly? Well, perhaps they are. However, combined
with a thick, greasy moisturizer (such as petroleum jelly) they can
make your feet very happy; Happy Feet if you will (not just for
So remember, just because winter is here and you are wearing an
abundance of warm layers that hide most of your skin, it is not an
excuse to forgo a healthy skin care regimen.
Now, off you go to frolic in the snow!