We are not just a company
full of people who happen to like working together. We are like
family. It is this bond that has taken us back to making the
Oregon's Best Places to Work list again in 2011.
The success of Tec Labs has been built on the philosophy that by
hiring cheerful, smart, hard-working people, and giving them the
tools and training to do the job right, there isn't any problem we
can't solve. Our biggest problem was overcoming two very tough
years in 2008 and 2009, to finish 2010 with our strongest year
Tough years can take a toll on your company's culture. That is
why we looked to our core values to come up with ideas to bring
- We were paid back a 5% salary cut that was taken in 2009.
- We post compliments to each other on our "Appreciation Station"
to showcase each other's best qualities.
- The president of Tec Labs has "Culture Cash" that he hands out
to employees to show his appreciation for them. The cash can be
used to buy snacks.
- Monthly, we have company-wide meetings with a catered lunch
where bonuses are handed out and compliments are given.
- We celebrate the anniversaries of our employees with a
breakfast every month.
- We have games and contests where employees can win gift cards
to their favorite stores and restaurants.
Steve Smith, president of Tec Labs, believes that by taking care
of your employees first, they will pave the way for success.
This year by making #21 on the Oregon Top 100 Business list, he has
been proven right.
Photos: Upper right - Tec Labs president
Steve Smith with wife, Tonya, and daughter, Callie. Bottom -
Tec Labs employees who attended the dinner.